A new group, Gorton House Action Group has been set up to oversee the fundraising and restoration of Gorton House in the park.
Facilities will include:
- A Cafeteria and restaurant area open to the public with a designated kitchen, generating a core tenant and secure income;
- A training kitchen area to accommodate groups of up to 15 available for use by local projects, colleges and agencies;
- A Community Room generating hire income available for groups and functions, training and meetings
- A Meeting Room with multimedia facilities designed to appeal to training providers, existing groups based in the park and wider providers across Manchester.
- A flexible space that can provide training and dormitory accommodation for users of the Outdoor Centre and other activities in the park;
- Two self-contained Offices, one for use by the Friends the other for a core tenant;
- A Park Office and security.