© www.friendsofdebdalepark.co.uk | Last updated: 28th March 2020
What the Friends have done in the park over the last year
The Friends have made a significant contribution to the improvement of various park facilities by:
1. Resurfacing an extensive length of pathway along the side of Gorton Upper Reservoir which adjoins the park and was previously impassable, paid for by a Lottery grant.
2. Erecting a new signs and lecterns so as to provide area route maps and general information on the facilities in the area.
3. Re-tiling the floors of public toilets in the park and painting the walls.
4. Re-painting and maintaining the café kitchen and community rooms in The Aviary.
5. Re-painting the Bowling Club and helping in the refurbishment of the nursery building.
6. Re-surfacing sections of Gorton Lower Reservoir pathway
7. Purchasing two lawn mowers, a strimmer and safety equipment for the Volunteer Gardening Group and the maintenance of the park grounds.
8. Opening up the two historic park lodges for surveying in order to make a visitor centre and shop front for the park projects.
9. Restoring the rose garden